Crucible: The Wartorn World
- Biggest city in the campaign and it’s only living metropolis (see Throne of Jholl)
- Ran by Lord Mayor Leif Fryslan, human.
- 3.5/Pathfinder – Lawful Neutral Aristocrat/Expert 15
- 4th Edition – Paragon Unaligned Controller/Leader Elite 15, Bard
- 5th Edition – ?
- Predominantly human and gnome, but beyond that, very cosmopolitan
- Has no overt enemies, but stresses exist as they do not bow to Iurean religious pressure
- Strong trade emphasis, money and business are the dominant forces
- Divine Realm of the demigod of cities only known as “Tradeheart Urbanus”
The Arcane Academy resides in Tradeheart.
- Maester Horgmund Shieldheart, Abjuration, Viking eldritch runeax, ice-mage
- Maester Caladesh, Conjuration, highwood elf, ex-warlock
- Maester Tressa Shadowhall, Necromancy, human, raven hair (Xena build), butcher
- Maester Fangurel Silkensong, half-elf, redhead, overconfident, lecherous
- Maester Ferris Bane, Artifice, law-infused human, wears golem armor
- Maester Balthazar Aleister Raeloth, Divination, human, old, bandaged, purple hooded robes
- Maester Dunmar, Evocation, human, bishop warmage of Gonfli, deceased
- Maester Shezhud the Unseen, Illusion, Void-infused, shadowmage.
- Maester Thanhasturamudilgarfamzuril Gemglitter, Transmutation, gnome alchemist
Colours of Schools of magic
Artifice: Orange/Brown Rust
Places of Interest:
- Gunpowder Way – Alchemy and potion-craft businesses cluster. On the edge of the Gnomish District, and across from the Academy.
- If you want alchemical ingredients, prepared potions and poisons, spell components that don’t fit the other stores (bits of sulfur and such) you should probably look here.
- Gunpowder Way has been the epicenter of both Collapses.
- Merchant’s Way – Shops catering to citizens and business-folk, this is where you get furniture and groceries and clothes and such, all the things adventurer’s don’t need much of.
- The Underhill (Merchant Way) Restaurant catering to halfling food
- The Purple Mushroom (Merchant Way) Restaurant catering to dwarven food
- The Gilded Ladle (Merchant Way) Restaurant catering to the rich, expensive, tends to mix cultural styles, trendy
- North of Merchant Way is a lot of the middle class housing.
- The Adventurer’s District
- The Red House (Adventurer’s District) Inn converted into the temporary Adventurer’s Guildhouse
- The Angry Orc (Adventurer’s District) Tavern catering to veteran adventurers, bartender is ex-adventurer
- The Dock District
The Chained Fist (Dock District) Tavern specializing in brawler clientele (barbarians, rogues, fighters, ogres, Warbred, etc.)
- The Gnomish District
- The Noble’s District
- The Temple District…
- The Embassies in the Temple District
- To the west of Gunpowder Way, near Southgate, are the lower class houses. As you go north, they mix in with the bayside warehouses.
- The Arena
- The Arcane Academy